Compliance Manager | Corporate Services | Dubai
Type of Job:
Attractive Tax Free Cash Package + Flight + Incentive + Bonus + Medical
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a leading multinational company who are an international leader in fund and corporate services, capital market solutions, private wealth and employee benefit solutions. They offer a comprehensive range of specialised administrative services that ensure the sound financial administration of companies. Enabling clients to comply with their applicable legal, tax and regulatory regimes. They are a high profile client, dealing with mainly blue-chip & fortune 500 clients.
At this time they are looking to hire an experienced Compliance Manager (in-house) to take full responsibility for the compliance and regulatory matters for their 3 UAE entities. (Inc DIFC & ADGM) This person will report to their Regional Director Risk & Compliance who is based in Europe, with a dotted line report to the local MD in the UAE. A solid understanding of the UAE regulatory environment (DSFA and FSRA), as well as a proven track record as a registered CO/MLRO, are essential.
Responsibilities will include:
• Applying Confidential Group’s group and local compliance & risk standards in a consistent and aligned manner
• Providing timely and high-quality compliance and risk advice to the business and functions, and ensuring business needs are being met
• Ensuring the compliance & risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and strategic objectives
• Working in close co-operation with the CRO and functional Global Heads GRC to roll out the regional Risk framework and Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) and ensuring appropriate reporting
• Highlighting relevant (compliance) risk signals for the UAE
• Being the point of contact for and having a transparent relationship and mutual understanding with the relevant regulators and monitoring authorities
• Maintaining/ developing/ enhancing communication with other (advisory) units in particular Control, IT Security Data Protection, Legal, Human Resources and Internal Audit
• Steering the acceptance process of new clients and prospects in close cooperation with the business functions
• Communicate with the Business regarding outstanding CDD for client entities and all relevant related parties as well as ensure that current and accurate contact details are maintained in the database
• Monitor and follow up with the Business on a regular basis where CDD is outstanding for a period of up to 3 months and report figures to the Managing Director as well as the Regional Director Risk & Compliance
• Update database with any new client details which are made available
• Ensure that Risk Engine scrubs are conducted on a regular basis in line with the policy reporting any adverse information to the Regional Director Risk & Compliance and Managing Director in a timely manner
• Ensure that the office complies with the assigned file review budget and conduct testing on 20% of the file reviews completed
• Prepare monthly management information for the Managing Director
• Assist the Regional Director Risk & Compliance and Managing Director with any new or ad hoc projects whenever necessary
• Act as an authorised point of contact for the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) and the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA).
• To act as and be appointed as the Compliance Officer, MLRO and Data Protection Officer with the local authorities (DIFC and ADGM)
To be considered for this position, candidates should meet the following criteria:
• Strong ethics, attention to detail, collaboration, independency and autonomy
• University degree with a minimum of three to five years compliance related experience and/or AML/CTF specific training
• Solid understanding of the UAE regulatory environment (DSFA and FSRA)
• Experience as registered CO/MLRO
To apply, please click APPLY NOW to upload your CV and quote the job reference.
9 March 2022 at 02:30:00